Sunday, February 16, 2014

The 21 Day Fix: My Week 1 Meal Plan

You've probably heard many times that fitness is 80% made up of what you EAT! In other words, you can't out-exercise a bad diet. GASP! I said the "d-word"... diet. My LEAST favorite word in the health and fitness world. Why? Because people associate it with another d-word: deprivation. A diet is simply a way to describe the foods you take in! It isn't about eliminating things!!!



OK. Now I will feel better talking to you about the diet I am following: 21 Day Fix and the Nutrition Plan that it is based on! The Fix utilizes the 40:30:30 ratio: 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein, 30% fat. This is an idea balance for weight loss! Sounds complicated... who has time to figure out what percentage of the diet is consumed per food group? Not me! However, the Fix basically hands you this ratio on a silver platter. Celebrity trainer Autumn Calabrese and her team have literally spelled it all out.

The containers that come with this program give you your portion sizes. Pretty easy, right? But then, you are given a three-step formula to determine how many portions of each food group (a.k.a. which color container) you should eat each day. Also easy! Finally, there is a comprehensive list of foods for each food group that you can utilize to make your meal plan!! It took me less time to make my meal plan for the week TODAY than it EVER has before. No calculations necessary. The hardest part was trying to fit all my servings into each day - this is a LOT of food people!!

The containers are color coded and include vegetables, fruits, proteins, carbohydrates, healthy fats, nuts & seeds, and oils & nut butters!

Here's what I came up with for the week:
See what I mean.. that is SO MUCH FOOD!!! And there's no weighing and no calculating. I am pretty sure it's fool proof! 

On top of the amazefest-USA nutrition plan, there are short, effective 30 minute workouts. They are seven days a week but some focus more on stretch and recovery! I am personally half way through P90X3 so I am going to do a hybrid of the FIX workouts and X3 workouts. Some days I might even double! I will definitely keep you filled in on those workouts, too!!!

My very first 21 Day Fix Test Group starts tomorrow and I cannot wait to share all of the success stories with you!!! I am also going to be running another Fix Challenge in March! This one is already filling up so if you are interested, be sure to click this link and fill out the form! We can talk all about the program and how it'll work for you! 

Happy Sunday, y'all!!

Cheers!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment