Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ultimate Reset: Week 2 Recap

It has been 14 long, hard, mentally tough days and I am proud to say I MADE IT to the last week of the Ultimate Reset!!! This nutrition-based cleanse is TOUGH but it is so worth it. My stats & progress pics are posted at the bottom so read on!!!

Week two is the Release Phase. We completely eliminated all animal products including dairy, meat, and eggs. This week is about releasing the toxic compounds that are stored within our tissues, clogging cells and blocking proper nutrient absorption. It also included a gentle colon cleanse, however, I didn't notice anything drastic in that department. With the release of toxins, I did notice a had a small breakout on my face.

Supplements this week included: Alkalinize, Optimize, Mineralize, Detox, and Soothe, so we added Detox to our medley. Here are what each of the supplements do:

Alkalinize - this is mixed with 2-4 oz. of water and helps maintain alkalinity in the body. (Did you know that acidic bodies are more prone to disease and cancer?)

Mineralize - this is mixed in with your distilled water that you drink throughout the day. It adds minerals to the body.

Optimize - this is a capsule taken 3 times a day before meals to promote metabolism and effective body function.

Soothe - this is a capsule taken before dinner the helps enhance digestive health and reduce inflammation

Detox - this is a powder that basically consists of raw fiber that is mixed with water and drank 30 minutes prior to each meal to help remove toxins and waste in the colon.

My struggles this week were purely mental. Why does knowing you CAN'T have something make you want it so much more?! What I am learning is the willpower isn't something you are born with. It is something you develop and grow. Each time you say NO to something that you shouldn't have, your willpower muscle gets stronger. This is why so many people throw in the towel early in their journeys - because its not easy, especially in the beginning. I have to remind my challengers a lot that most times, you have to just push through the mental blocks and start - the motivation will come later when the results arrive.




Physically, I actually feel really great. I am sleeping very well and haven't been waking up in the middle of the night at all. I joked the other day that I'm not sure just HOW good the sleep could be since I have a 6 month old and he wakes up early, but the hours that I do get are fantastic. My energy level during the day is really high. Where before I would snuggle up with my coffee and the Today Show anchors, I am now powering through household chores and work early in the morning and throughout the day. I no longer feel the need to have a cup of coffee, though I do miss the taste. I may switch to half-decaf/half-regular when we are done so I can keep my caffeine addiction in check.

If you have been following my journey you know that we cheated on Mother's Day. It was SO good. But I FELT AWFUL!! I was certain that I swallowed a brick. Bill kept saying, "I feel like I can't enjoy this because I just feel GUILTY." Even now, Tuesday morning, as I type this I still feel a little icky in my belly. Bloat is also common during Detox week, so the combo didn't sit well. Was it worth it? Physically, no. Mentally, yes - because I feel like my mind got it's fix and I could move on. That being said, that right there is living, breathing proof that food addiction is real.

Next up is Phase Three: Restore. This week, we cut back even farther on grains and will be eating mostly fruits and vegetables. The detox supplement is gone and we now add Revitalize which is designed to restore healthy bacteria in our "freshly scrubbed" digestive tracts. This week for me is all about pushing to the finish line and PROVING to myself that I can do this!!!

The week two final measurements (totals for 2 weeks):

Chest: -0.5 inches
Waist: -2.5 inches
Hips: -2.5 inches
Right arm: -0.75 inches
Left arm: -0.75 inches
Right thigh: -1.5 inches
Left thigh: - 2 inches

Pounds lost: 12




As a final note, I am shocked by the number of people that have said to me "I could never do that." Neither could I. But I did. And you can do. You just need to BELIEVE that you can, find someone to hold you accountable, work with a coach, and make it happen. Don't let your own self-limiting beliefs hold you back from greatness.

xo,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment